Costume Con 32 starts in A WEEK AND A HALF. In order to get everything done that I want to, I’ve made a strict schedule. I’ll be doing Monday, Thursday updates to look at where I’m at, and what else needs to get done.
Hooray! Everything fits!
65% Complete –
Kind of mostly on schedule
I was horn-y all weekend. Ohohohoh.
Shutup, I like my puns.
So I swallowed my nerves this weekend and got to work on the horns and the pauldron, because while Worbla is terrifying, IT’S NOT THE BOSS OF ME. Not yet, anyhow. I’ll be posting a walk through of how I did the horns tomorrow, but for now, enjoy a grainy black and white photo.
About that Pauldron o’Doom…
Awh Yeah. I don’t have enough fingers to hold this together long.
So right now it’s all foam and rope (those swirlies), but I’mma take a moment and leer at those compound curves. Those Sleek, sexy compound curves that I struggled with. But now they’re allll mine.
- If you’re making Armor for the first time, don’t start off with only organic shapes. It’s daunting as f*ck.
- Pattern out of paper first, it’s cheaper than funfoam.
- Think about how the pieces connect before you’re done painting everything.
- Do not rely on Hockey tape to hold anything together. It will not work.
- Darts are your friend. Straight darts, curved darts. All darts.
Oh I also taught myself how to do this:
Not bad, eh?
What’s done and what’s next:
SO MUCH TO DO.
Thank god it’s easter weekend coming up.